Monday, November 28, 2005

Almost ready...

Thanks, Andy, for the excellent blog name. Informal poll: Gandhi Fishin' and Vishnu Were Here--insensitive, right? (re: blog names). Okay, then. Forget about the other suggestions that were shamelessly irreverent toward certain spiritual texts. But thanks all the same, Cece.

And thanks, Lindsay, for the blog idea in the first place. We'll do our best to uphold this curious new tradition of keeping friends and family in-the-know about our various comings and goings on continents far from home.

We're off to Chennai on Monday. Stay tuned. We may even figure out how to post pics from Ken's fancy new digital camera.

p.s. this suggestion just in: guys and dahl. not bad!
p.p.s. Annette thinks it was lame not to include the unmentionably irreverent suggestion: blogavadgita. so there it is.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, there comes a time in the life of a band when some of its members run off to India for spiritual enlightenment. Their next album prominently and predictably features sitars and tablas and shit. Sandra and Greg, I hope you and Ken have a great time in the subcontinent, but as god is my witness I swear I'll maintain musical stability in the Offenders, no matter the cost. If needs be, I'll go to Tennessee. Please don't make me.

Also, see if you can find out why they call it a subcontinent. I don't think it's fair that over a billion people have to live in the shame of subcontinent status. Unless "subcontinent" means "not quite continent." Nevermind, I just figured it out.

05 December, 2005 10:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As number one fan of the Offenders I will be forced to go on an all beef diet and meditate my way into a state of 'subcontinent' if I hear one sitar on the next record! Someone must defend the cosmic balance!

05 December, 2005 14:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As number one fan of the Offenders I will be forced to go on an all beef diet and meditate my way into a state of 'subcontinent' if I hear one sitar on the next record! Someone must defend the cosmic balance!

05 December, 2005 14:30  
Blogger andy said...

Hi guys!
Eagerly awaiting your first overseas entry.

Your blog inspired me (against Annette's better judgment) to start my own. You'll see why if you check it out--I got into the same argument last night about Intelligent Design, and I posted my rant. Ken, if you get bored in an internet cafe, you're welcome to rebut...

--andy

06 December, 2005 00:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed saying goodby! It's tuesday already - where is your post?
ac

06 December, 2005 08:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

while you're away...

http://www.yeeguy.com/freefall/

09 December, 2005 08:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just testing. more later

09 December, 2005 15:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home